Sunday, November 18, 2007

...

I worry that "You can't make a god out of someone when you watch them get dressed in the morning." ~R.S.

I met a man named X and walked him from Hill House, past the Mobil, up from the hill behind the library, to the Pub, and back to Hill House at 2:46 AM yesterday.

I saw Brian E. at Slave to the Grind and caught up with him about his life. He told me that after working in the library during the summer, where Janet didn't have much to do for him but still made him come at strict hours, he became so depressed that he couldn't get out of bed and is taking a year off to go to therapy and stuff. No surprise. I recommended that he get a job at a jet set magazine or a place that has interesting people/is as interesting as a job possibly can be. I think he needs more dynamism in his life and has stopped believing that that's possible. I also told him to try and switch his life to a 9 to 5 schedule and get up at 6 because being up in the daylight hours will make him happier.

I am looking at profiles of former Sarah Lawrence students, the beautiful, well read girls who are content to sit at home and read. That my friend Carl would admire on Sunday nights. They are more interesting than me.

No comments: